I. WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: http://grab-driver.com.my.
II. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data about you in the ways listed below. We may
also combine the collected Personal Data with other Personal Data in our
You provide your Personal Data to us
We collect your Personal Data when you voluntarily provide it to us.
For example, you may provide your Personal Data to us when you:
- fill up a user profile or registration forms;
- provide information to assess your eligibility to provide services as a Grab driver-partner;
- interact with our social media pages;
- participate in contests or events organised by us;
- fill up demographic information in surveys.
When our Services are used
Personal Data may be collected through the normal operation of our Services. Some examples are:
- feedback, ratings and compliments;
- transaction information (such as payment method);
- information about how you interacted with our Services (such as features used and content viewed);
- device information (such as hardware model and serial number, IP
address, file names and versions and advertising identifiers, or any
information that may provide indication of device or app modification);
- personal data you enter in messages when you use our website.
From other sources
When we collect Personal Data from other sources, we make sure that
that data is transferred to us in accordance with applicable laws. Such
- insurance and financial providers;
- publicly available data;
- governmental sources of data;
- when our users add you as an emergency contact; and
- marketing services providers or partners.
Personal Data about driver-partners
If you are a driver-partner, we may collect:
- your vehicle registration data.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the information that we collect is sensitive in nature. This
includes information such as race, and your health or religious beliefs.
We only collect this information when this is necessary to comply with
legal or regulatory requirements.
Personal Data of minors
In the event that any Personal Data of a minor (i.e. individuals
under the age of 18) is disclosed to Alpha Grab, you hereby signify your
consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data as a parent or
legal guardian of the minor (or your agreement to procure the necessary
consent from the minor’s parent or legal guardian) and accept and agree
to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her
In the event that you are a minor and intend to provide your personal
data to Grab, you hereby confirm and acknowledge that you have obtained
your parent or legal guardian’s agreement to be bound by this Policy.
When you provide Personal Data of other individuals to us
In some situations, you may provide Personal Data of other
individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) to us. For
example, you may add them as your emergency contact. If you provide us
with their Personal Data, you represent and warrant that you have
obtained their consent for their Personal Data to be collected, used,
processed and disclosed as set out in this Policy.
III. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Alpha Grab may use, combine and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purposes”).
Providing services and features
Your Personal Data will be used to provide, personalise, maintain and
improve our Services. This includes using your Personal Data to:
- provide you with Services across our various business verticals;
- engage you to provide Services;
- create, administer and update your account;
- verify your identity;
- validate your ride and process payments;
- offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions;
- protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available;
- process and manage your rewards;
- process, manage or verify your application of promotions, rewards and subscriptions with Grab; and
- enable our partners to manage and allocate fleet resources.
Safety and security
We use your Personal Data to ensure the safety and security of our Services and all users. This includes:
- screening driver and delivery partners before enabling their use of our Services;
- monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions, policies and Driver’s Code of Conduct; and
- detecting, preventing and prosecuting crime.
We use Personal Data to resolve customer support issues. For example, we may:
- investigate and address concerns;
- monitor and improve our customer support responses;
- respond to questions, comments and feedback; and
- inform you about steps taken to resolve customer support issues.
Research and development and security
We may use the Personal Data we collect for testing, research,
analysis and product development. This allows us to understand and
analyze your needs and preferences, protect your Personal Data, improve
and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new
features, products and services, and facilitate insurance and finance
We may use the Personal Data we collect to
investigate and resolve claims or disputes, or as allowed or required by
We may also use your Personal Data when we are required, advised,
recommended, expected or requested to do so by our legal advisors or any
local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental or other authority.
For example, we may use your Personal Data to:
- comply with court orders or other legal, governmental or regulatory requirements;
- enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements; and
- protect our rights or property in the event of a claim or dispute.
We may also use your Personal Data in connection with
mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets,
consolidation, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions, or
acquisition of all or part of our business by another company.
IV. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We need to share Personal Data with various parties for the Purposes. These parties include:
With the owner of Grab accounts that you may use
For example, your employer may receive trip data when you use your employer’s Grab for Business account.
With subsidiaries and affiliates
We share Personal Data with our subsidiaries, associated companies, jointly controlled entities and affiliates.
With Alpha Grab’s service providers and business partners
We may provide Personal Data to our vendors, consultants, marketing
partners, research firms, and other service providers or business
partners. This includes:
- payment processors and facilitators;
- background check and anti-money laundering service providers;
- cloud storage providers;
- marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
- data analytics providers;
- research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Grab or on Grab’s behalf;
- fleet and merchant partners;
- insurance and financing partners; and
- vehicle solutions partners, vendors or third-party vehicle suppliers.
With our legal advisors and governmental authorities
We may share your Personal Data with our legal advisors, law
enforcement officials, government authorities and other relevant third
parties. This may take place due to fulfill the legal purposes
(mentioned above), or any of the following circumstances:
V. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
your Personal Data for as long you maintain your Grab
account. Once your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the Services
or Purposes, or we no longer have a legal or business purpose for
retaining your Personal Data, we take steps to destroy or permanently
delete such Personal Data for any purpose other than compliance with
prevention and detection.
VI. COOKIES AND ADVERTISING ON THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS
web beacons, tags, scripts, local shared objects such as HTML5 and Flash
(sometimes called “flash cookies”), advertising identifiers (including
mobile identifiers such as Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID) and
similar technology (“Cookies”) in connection with your
use of the Websites. Cookies may have unique identifiers, and reside,
among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send
to you, and on our web pages. Cookies may transmit Personal Data about
you and your use of the Service, such as your browser type, search
preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been
displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of
your use. Cookies may be persistent or stored only during an individual
Apps to collect the same type of Personal Data for the same purposes
Alpha Grab does for itself. Third parties may be able to associate the
Personal Data they collect with other Personal Data they have about you
from other sources. We do not necessarily have access to or control over
the Cookies they use.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable Personal Data
with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a
cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email
address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising on third
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies
on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet
browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting
your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
You may also limit our sharing of some of this Personal Data through
your App (Settings > Privacy > Ads) and mobile device settings.
VII. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable legal, organisational and technical measures
to ensure that your personal data is protected. This includes measures
to prevent data from getting lost, or used or accessed in an
unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to our employees
on a need to know basis. Those processing your personal data will only
do so in an authorised manner and are required to treat your information
Nevertheless, please understand that the transmission of information
via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best
to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your
data transmitted through any online means, therefore, any transmission
remains at your own risk.
VIII. AMENDMENTS AND UPDATES
Grab shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this
Policy at any time by placing the updated Policy on the Websites. By
continuing to use the Services, purchase products from Alpha Grab or
continuing to communicate or engage with Alpha Grab following the
modifications, updates or amendments to this Policy, you signify your
acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
If you have any queries or complaints relating to your Personal Data,
wish to make a request for access or correction of your Personal Data,
or would like to withdraw your consent in respect of the Personal Data
being processed by us, please contact:
Office Grab Authorised Alpha Driver
NO 4-1, PUSAT PERNIAGAAN DANAU LUMAYAN, JALAN DANAU LUMAYAN 1, BANDAR SRI PERMAISURI CHERAS, 56000 KUALA LUMPUR
Contact No.: +6011-5050 3535
The original of this Privacy Statement is written in the English
language. In the event of any conflict between the English and other
language versions, the English version shall prevail.